Monday, April 6, 2009

My soul is fettered to an office-stool

Just a quick explanation for the decrease in postings around these parts lately: my job is kicking my butt! In my industry, there is a period of intense activity about 2 months long every spring, and we're in the thick of it right now. I only just got back from the office 10 or 15 minutes ago, and as you can see, it's 10:45 PM.

I still have ideas for blog posts--in fact, because I'm listening to my iPod pretty constantly at work, I'm getting some ideas just by going through my music collection--but not necessarily the time or the energy to write them. But, this busy period should be over in four to six weeks. At least I know when the end-point is coming, right?

And I tell myself that, because my life-cycle is governed by the calendars of various artforms, at least this busy period doesn't occur during the SF Opera season, nor during the fall/winter months when all the good movies are released, and at least I don't live in NYC when all the Broadway plays are opening right about now. (Yes, I considered all of these factors before taking this job. I knew what I was getting into!) It could be worse, she says, as with a stiff neck and tired dry eyes, she climbs into bed, steeling herself for another day of this tomorrow...

1 comment:

Just a Girl said...

ahhhh i can commiserate. lets see each other sometime- had a bit of a crisis this weekend (hence the call), but things are better now....